Thursday, May 10, 2018

Slow: Light






























The busier things seem to be, the more I crave quiet, slow, cozy and home. These photos are a collection from various days at various times of finding those little pockets of slow that become a collection of beauty.

Keeping the light low is a key way for me to find this peaceful refreshment on a slow evening. Light is a theme for me in these photos - light streaming in as it goes down for the day, moody kitchen light in the later evening, candle light, twinkle lights, light through water, light through trees. Light can be harsh and off-putting or it can be warm and inviting, it can make us cringe or welcome us in and calm.

I love thinking about all of the spiritual blessings of light and Jesus being the Light and how His light shines in and through us.

Genesis 1:3, "And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

John 8:12, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"

No comments: