Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer Traditions



As you can tell I've been on a relishing summer theme lately. We had such a busy summer last year and then on top of that an over the top busy year. These things combined have me just enjoying every slow moment we are granted and taking advantage of making as many slow moments as possible!

Summer isn't always my favorite season {heat anyone?!} but starting our summer in Colorado has been perfectly relaxing and slow. And I'm enjoying watching for all the lovely little moments, smells and more that make up our days.

Cutting flowers from the garden.
Time to sit on the porch for any reason or no reason at all.




Summer traditions: every year, my Mom hides breakfast in the backyard and my children hunt for their breakfast! It is simple and sweet, they love it!


Mud pies are a frequent sight.


What are some of your favorite things about summer or favorite summer traditions?

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Will you be camping in the back yard??

Leanne said...

I love VBS week... its busy, but our church and another small church combine, and at the end of the week we have a barbeque together in the evening...I love the sweet fellowship you get from other believers...
WE love going to Family Camp in Michigan... unplugging, getting our spiritual tanks filled, and meeting new friends...
I love that when you visit friends, in general, you don't HAVE to be home at a certain time..the regular freedom from the morning alarm is bliss!

Rhonda said...

I love the idea of hiding breakfast in the yard. One of our favorite summer things to do is camping and now I'm going to incorporate hiding breakfast when we camp with my six year old and my grandson! Thank you for such a wonderful blog!

Monica Wilkinson said...

@Ginger: not this time! We're leaving in just a couple of days to head back and we will be camping as a family in July!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I love reading your summer posts. I love sitting by the pool and swimming with the kids. Taking longer morning walks BC I'm not rushed to get back to do school.