Thursday, June 15, 2017

Slowing Summer




- breakfast and quiet time at home
- errands + antiquing + thrifting
- French bakery for lunch
- sharing dessert




- a blooming peony in my Mom's garden
- binge-watching Downton Abbey
- leftovers on the couch

Apparently I was focused on food today since that is almost all I have photos of but contrary to the evidence we did more than eat. I am pondering though how food is foundational to rest and slowing. It is something we always  have to do and savoring it slowly is maybe something we don't always take time for. Letting that simmer ...

4 comments:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Looks so wonderful! I am glad you are enjoying this time!

Blessings!

Kimberly Lottman said...

I hope you don't mind my asking, but what is the dish that looks like it has broccoli, rice and maybe ham, in it?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Kimberly! Of course not! :) This is the recipe with ham instead of chicken: http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/05/4-weeks-to-fill-your-freezer-chicken-broccoli-rice-casserole-day-14.html

Kimberly Lottman said...

Thanks so much!