Monday, May 02, 2016

Open Bible


At the end of a long day, a long month even and our last day of school - the house is a mess, there are groceries to be shopped for and laundry to fold and put away and floors to sweep. But as I walk in the front door, I notice this open Bible on the piano bench.

Suddenly, my heart swells and calms and I realize that no matter how many things have gone undone or are waiting for me - this is what speaks success in my home at the end of the day. The evidence of a new generation of hands and hearts navigating these pages.

As I told my children over our last day of school breakfast, if they only ever learn one thing in this house, let it be that God is the most important thing. And may there be many more open Bible moments in this home for our growth and His glory.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Yes, I couldn't have said it any better. In the end all that matters is Glorifying God.