Monday, March 14, 2016

Chatbooks


I've known about Chatbooks for a while and wanted to try it out! I have a first generation smart phone so I frequently can't download certain apps because I don't have the latest-and-greatest. This was my biggest deterrent to trying Chatbooks before now.

But when I recently saw another post about it, I decided to see if I could figure out how to set up an account online without using my phone or an app at all: success!

I'm so happy to say it was super easy to link my Instagram account and set this up on my laptop rather than phone. As someone who has spent hours working on my blog books, the speed of this was nearly dizzying but also a treat!


Chatbooks prints out all of your Instagram photos into these cute books - they are available in soft cover and also you can upgrade to hardback if you prefer. Your initial comment and hashtags are imported as well and included. Every time you hit 60 photos, you automatically receive a new book - you don't have to do anything.

If your caption is really long, it will bump your caption to the facing page so instead of two photos facing each other - you'd have one photo and then your caption on the next side. 

You get an email a few days before your book is mailed so that if you want to edit anything you can. You can easily change up the cover, request certain photos to be removed, edit text, etc... but you don't have to.


Each book is $8 including shipping and for the convenience and ease - I think it is totally worth it.

I have noticed a few typos in my captions, so I either make a lot more spelling errors than I think or there is an auto correct upon merging these two accounts that I have not figured out yet. But I did figure out I could go in and edit those captions easily so as long as I check it in my three day window, all will be well.

If you are interested in a Chatbooks subscription - you can use this code to get your first book free and I will get a $1 referral credit as well.


Also, when you first join, you can choose to get caught up all at once or to stagger your books over a few months as you choose. I had 8 books my first order which got me all caught up at once.

The moment they arrived, my kids opened them and all plopped down on the couch each with a different volume to look at. I love that they have something to hold in their hands and look at which is a treasure of memories from our days together.



Have you tried Chatbooks? I'm so glad I finally figured out how to make it work for me!

* This post contains an affiliate code.

6 comments:

Mom said...

This is awesome! I'm so glad you can easily save these treasured memories. :)

angie said...

Do you know if you can choose to start the books at a certain point, if I didn't want to start printing from the beginning of my IG account? Also, does it appear easy to cancel an account at any time? Actually, I'll just go to the Chatbooks website to find out these answers. I like this idea for sure.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Wow! How neat. I haven't even heard of them. I just recently said goodbye to all my scrapping supplies because I hoarded them and never scrapbooked. I decided I would do photo books instead or digital scrapping. I need to be better at preserving our photo memories. I am awful.

Davonne @ The Tidy Mom said...

I have my 3 books ready to order. Thank you so much for sharing this deal - all of my instagram photos in albums for $16 shipped is such a blessing!

Blissful & Domestic said...

So fun!!!

Dawn said...

I am SO GLAD you posted this!! I have been intrigued with the idea, but was unsure about them. Did you have your entire stream printed? Or did you choose the photos? I wouldn't want every thing I have posted, but some of it for sure!!