Thursday, October 29, 2015

Slow Day: Go for a Walk!



On a recent Slow Day, we grabbed up a couple of Starbucks gift cards we had and headed out for a cold coffee-less treat and a fun walk downtown. Walking with no real purpose can be fun to see what you see and explore together! It took my kids a little while to get into the no-real-purpose part {where are we going? over and over!} but we ended up having a lot of fun and seeing some neat new things.



















Sometimes we need to practice doing something for no reason or trying something new and different! Embrace the adventure!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! Beautiful flowers and beautiful smiles!:) Christina

Tina Leigh said...

A good idea. Beautiful pictures.. Nothing like the Coastal South.

Rachel said...

You've inspired me to take my kids out "just because". This looks like a sweet time for you and your kids.

Unknown said...

So fun! I long for and relish little walking adventures! My 2 littles (6&4) are not as amused. Lots of questions and complaining. Takes the joy out of it for me. I've not read your blog for about a year, and have missed it. Thank you for this. Thank you for your other post about slow and kids. I will try a few of your suggestions! Your birthday painting part looked absolutely