Monday, October 05, 2015

Quieting Your Heart



Welcome to the first day of Quieting Fall! Thank you so much for your comments Friday - I was encouraged that this is striking a chord in your hearts as well. I hope this is a blessing to your heart and home. Whenever I am overwhelmed and burned out, I know my heart needs attention and some re-focusing. It can be so easy to get caught up in the daily must do's that I get tunnel vision and need to step back and be reminded there is more to my purpose every day than a to-do list.

As we enter this week, I've reminded myself that quiet is not the end-all-be-all. And, it can not and must not become an idol to me. If I'm barking out orders in the name of "quieting" - hmmm, that sort of defeats the purpose!

To start us off today, I've put together a little printable for your day. Pour yourself a cup of tea, light a candle, sit on your porch, whatever is quieting to you and let's turn down the noise in our hearts and invite God's sweet quiet in.

You can also print off the verse cards and tuck them in your pocket or purse when you feel the noise and crazy start to creep in. Let the truths that God has spoken seep in deep and let us listen to His voice rather than the thousands of others calling out to us each moment.




I pray the peace of God's Word will quiet your hearts today! Sweet blessings on your day, friends.

4 comments:

*carrie* said...

"Whenever I am overwhelmed and burned out, I know my heart needs attention and some re-focusing. It can be so easy to get caught up in the daily must do's that I get tunnel vision and need to step back and be reminded there is more to my purpose every day than a to-do list."


I could've written that paragraph. In fact, I just now finally got the kids to bed and was going to dive into my next project, and I am sensing that I just need to sit quietly instead. Thanks for the encouragement to do so. Love you!

Simply Quaint said...

I enjoy a quiet walk in am or sitting on porch in early morning wrapped in quilt just listening....

Blessings
Rhonda

Denise said...

Thank you. Thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to work through you! Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit! Thank you for obeying the Spirit! Thank you for sharing the printouts! Thank you for the time you invested, in yourself, and thereby in your family, and then in us! He, our Father-God, has been reviving my own soul, and this just fits in with what He is stringing along for me!! May I have permission to print out your post to go along with the handout, to give to my daughter? She won't take the time to actually go to your website, but she might read something I have printed out & that she can keep handy!! (Now if I can remember to check back!) May the LORD bless your desire to KNOW HIM!! We know He will!!

Monica Wilkinson said...

@Denise Hunt - YES!!!! Please print and share! Blessings on your day, Monica