Monday, February 16, 2015

Slow Lent and Easter Ideas


It feels early to be thinking about Easter - yet the plants near us are thinking of Spring already. And, with Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent coming up this Wednesday - I wanted to post a few ideas on bringing some meaning into this season s-l-o-w-l-y.

I'm mostly planning a repeat of last year - here are a few links:
Repentance Box
Cradle to Cross Wreath
Behold the Lamb Easter Wreath
Resurrection Eggs
Past Ideas
First Day of Spring
S-P-R-I-N-G Mobile
First Day of Spring Slow Day

I shared this Journey Through the Holy Days that I wrote several years ago - but the way I posted it now charges, so I'm sharing it again as this should download for free. We really enjoyed this last year:

Journey Through The Holy Days





The Journey Through the Holy Days printable references an Easter Tree made from a garland printable that I had made. I can't find the document for this right now - but the above will stand perfectly on its own without making the garland. In fact, we've never used it that way!

Would love to hear your ideas for cultivating hearts that are focused on slowing and remembering during this Lent season!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you so much for reposting this! I had computer issues & couldn't find it on my flash drive, which means it didn't get on there, which means it was lost! I am so thankful to you for sharing this wonderful work with us!! THIS will be part of our journey to the cross. (Ahem, I haven't started planning yet, and it is upon us!) (I'm listening to granddaughter/9 sing Jesus Loves Me right now, to her horses. She needed to get a little play time in before we start school. And I'm thinking what a great way to begin our journey to the cross - the very reason He came! Once again, thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful work with us!

Mom said...

These are good, family-friendly Lenten ideas. :)