Friday, August 29, 2014

Slow: Psalm 86


Consider writing or printing out the entire Psalm. Label any instances of surrender, less, obedience and worship with the letters s, l, o and w or with certain colors. 

"Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. {L} Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. {S, O} You are my God {S}; save your servant who trusts in You. {W} Have mercy on me, {S, L} O Lord, for I call to you all day long. {S} Bring joy to your servant, for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. {L, S, W}

You are forgiving and good {W}, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O Lord; {S} listen to my cry for mercy. {S} In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. {S}

Among the gods there is none like You, {W} O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. {W} All the nations you have made will come and worship before you {W}, O Lord, they will bring glory to Your name. {W} For you are great and do marvelous deeds {W}, You alone are God. {W}


Teach me your way {S, O}, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth {S, O}; give me an undivided heart {S}, that I may fear your name. {W} I will praise {W} you, O Lord my God, with all my heart {S, W}; I will glorify your name forever {S, W}. For great is your love toward me {W}; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave. {W}

The arrogant are attacking me, O God' a band of ruthless men seeks my life - men without regard for you. But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,{S, W}


 slow to anger {W}, abounding in love and faithfulness {W}. Turn to me and have mercy on me {S}, grant your strength {S, L} to your servant and save the son of your maidservant. Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and e put to shame, for you, O Love, have helped me and comforted me." {W}

** Slow moments around our life lately.