Thursday, April 17, 2014

Strawberry Art


One thing I've missed in recent months is my quest for beauty and creating art. Every picture shown today happened all in one day and as it was getting dark in the evening and I was washing and slicing berries for the fridge, I looked at the jars lined up on the counter and it was like beautiful art to me and I realized this is my art.


Every aspect of this felt like art to me - going and enjoying my littles picking the berries, noticing the blue berry boxes filled with red fruit and the cheer of the colors, lingering over lunch with new friends and not looking at the clock, piling the berries in enamelware just to take pictures and enjoy the beauty, slicing and baking and whipping to make something yummy for us and to share, bringing beauty as a gift, chasing sunlight to catch the rays as part of the art, sitting on the screened porch to enjoy the last rays of sun and the sweet bites of yummy-ness.

And, so - in pictures, this is my art. Really, though this is God's art that He pours through how I see things, appreciate things, enjoy His creation, who He has made me to be ...













Recipe: Almond-Cornmeal Shortcakes