Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Home Notebook


On my quest to organize and maintain order more this year, I came across a book mentioning a Home notebook. Now, this was not my first exposure to the idea as I've heard it many times before but I've never really been inclined to make my own. I guess I could not figure out how to make one work for me with the way I like to do my schedule.

However, I also realized that there are a lot of things I write out daily that I could really be saving time on by having printed and laminated to re-use. I also really wanted to streamline several things together and have chores easily accessible to younger workers who may be looking for something to do.

So, I spent some time and energy thinking through and then it did not take long to pull together! For me to love it, it has to be pretty! So that was also a consideration in how I set it up.


David brought home a binder from the school lost and found where he works and I took it to Staples and recycled it for a $2 credit towards a new binder - I also had Staples Rewards, so I treated myself to this super pretty Martha Stewart notebook. I glued the cute flash card on the front that my Mom had given me a while back.

I just typed one page for each day of the week excluding Sunday including my daily chores, a place to write in what is for dinner, etc... Once I printed out the pages, I laminated them so they will be usable with a dry-erase marker and can be re-used each week. The aged paper is just a clip art I found on line by searching for aged paper clip art :)




In the back, I have lots of reference pages including a list of our favorite meal ideas ~


Jobs that can be done anytime there is an available time slot or work is needed for training purposes ~


And, a list of ideas of things to do. After all of that, I laminated one blank page that is titled Gift Ideas where I can keep track of ideas of things that I might want to remember as a gift for someone.


I'm hopeful that this will be a useful tool in using my time wisely and keeping things working smoothly in our home. The rest of the week, I'll be sharing more about some Bible studying I've been doing as I've processed through these struggles in our home.