Thursday, December 01, 2011

Welcome December!

Well, it is the first day of December! And, while I cannot believe that in some ways - I am determined to embrace this season and enjoy it to the fullest! Only a few weeks to enjoy all the lights and twinkle and sparkle and fun!

I've determined to make the most of this time with my children and also for myself. And, I'm super excited to be joining the December Photo Project again!

December Photo Project

Yippee! I sort of want to set a challenge for myself with the photo project but am also afraid of it. Afraid I wouldn't meet the challenge or that it would become stressful feeling. So, I'll just run with taking my photo a day and see what emerges!

Meanwhile, not my photo for today - but a few photos of some of the fun things we've been doing!

What fun Christmas things have you done so far?

5 comments:

Mom said...

I'm looking forward to your December photos, but good for you for not being too strict with yourself about it. Today's photos are all good, but my favorite has to be Samuel sleeping in his bed decorated with Christmas lights. :)
Love you, Mom

Flannel Jammies Farm said...

What fun you've been having!

On Sunday, I coordinated an Advent workshop at our church. The entire congregation was invited to have a light bites lunch and then make twig star wreaths, star gingerbread cookies, star ornaments, glass jar luminaries and wooden doorhangers with a Bible verse. We also offered tables where participants could purchase gifts from Heifer International and from the artisans supported by SERRV. It was a great way to start the season with our family of faith!

angie said...

I'm just starting to dig out our decorations. So much fun to arrange it all. Do you put your decorations in the same place year after year or different each year?
Samuel's bed reminded me how much my kids like to have their bedrooms deocrated a bit. I shall do that first!

Kim @ Homestead Acres said...

Looking forward to seeing all your photos! We've been busy making Christmas ornaments and gifts.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I think that's an interesting photo project. You always take such interesting photos :)

Speaking of which, the light's over your son's bed is a great idea ;) :)

My dad and I will hang up our simple Christmas lights this week :) :) Plus, I'm bringing out some country-style Christmas decorations that I found at a thrift shop :) :)

Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)