Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18


I've split the day between the couch and bed trying to feel better as quickly as possible!
It is no fun to be sick anytime - but feels harder at this time of year.
On the upside, I finished Shepherd's Abiding, started and finished Christmas Jars and started and just finished The Wedding Promise. So thankful we'd been to the library a few days ago!

On another note, it smelled like a Sunday afternoon growing up today because I made No-Peek Chicken & Rice. It was so comforting today! I used to love smelling this when we came home from church!

Here is the recipe in case you would like to try it!

No-Peek Chicken & Rice

3/4 c. regular rice, uncooked
1 can condensed cream of celery soup {today all I had was crm. of chicken, but I usually use homemade cream soup}
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 1/4 c. water
1 pkg. chicken thighs with skin removed

In a casserole dish with a lid, combine rice, soup mix, onion soup mix and water. Arrange chicken on top and cover. Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours. Our church service lasts longer than this, so I reduce the heat to 300 and leave it for 2-2 1/2 hours. Yum!

More December Photos here.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Feel better, Karen! I hope you are able to kick out that bug!

Your recipe sounds adorable! I will have to try this. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Mom said...

Hope you are feeling better! I haven't made this chicken recipe in awhile and have been hungry for it myself. (I've also used boneless/skinless chicken breasts instead of the thighs.) Glad it was comforting to you -- taste and aroma! :) See you soon! Love, Mom

Jenny's Heart said...

I loved the book "The Christmas Jars"
It warmed my heart and inspired me. Next year I will do that.

angie said...

Thank you for introducing me to the "Christmas Jars". I don't think that I have heard/read this before. I immediately went to my library's site and reserved it. I noticed that there is a sequal book called "Christmas Jars Reunion." Just thought I'd let you know, in case you hadn't read it.