Thursday, April 09, 2009

One Dish Chicken and Stuffing Bake

My friend, Susan, gave me this yummy recipe ~ we love it and hope you will too!

1 c. chicken broth
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 box stuffing mix
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Paprika
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use this instead)
1/3 c. milk
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley or a sprinkling of dried parsley

Heat chicken broth to boiling and stir in melted butter, add stuffing and mix lightly.

Spoon stuffing across center of a shallow baking dish (I use a 7x12 (approx.) - it's between an 8x8 and 9x13 size). Arrange chicken on each side of stuffing. Sprinkle paprika over chicken.

Mix soup, milk and parsley. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 400 for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Serves 4-6.

Note: I usually put a baking sheet underneath to catch any drips as it sometimes cooks over.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

barbara said...

This is my husband's favorite dish! I pour the 'gravy' over the dressing too - it makes it extra moist and yummy!

Ginger said...

Do you have a recipe for homemade stuffing? I love the homemade soup recipe; it's a keeper.

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

I make something similar and just add frozen peas and carrots to it to truly make it a one dish meal. Either mix the peas and carrots into the stuffing, or place the frozen peas and carrots under the chicken. Helps the kids get their nutrients in.
Blessings,
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

One of our "family favorites"-
so easy and tasty!
Jen N.

Lesley said...

oh yeah...this a great staple....

Donna said...

That sounds delicious! And pretty easy too, which is always a plus! I'm going to have to give this a try. Thank you for passing it on.

Jenny said...

Stuffing is one of my favorite food groups!

MrsCoach said...

We make this alot... it's also great when you add in some cheese and melt some on top...Mmmmmm...
(PS...you can easily make your own stuffing too...cuts way down on the sodium and cheaper, too!!)

Mrs. K said...

Sounds yummy...I'm going to have to try it soon.

Charlotte Cushman said...

This is very yummy. At our house it was gone in one night! :) char

Anonymous said...

My momma made this when i was growin up!! Loved it!tammyp

Elise said...

Sounds yummy!!
Elise

JESSICA said...

I've made something similar to this before and it was a big hit. I had forgotten all about that recipe...time to whip it up again!

Wife of Rob said...

I know that it's almost midnight, but this sounds so yummy--my mouth is watering. I definitely need to give this one a try!