Monday, June 16, 2008

Clean Heart: Part Twenty

Do my relationships reflect a clean heart?

Is my heart pure when it comes to relating to those around me? I am reminded of working at The Glen and learning about the Relational Covenant:
* talk to not about
* believe the best
* stand shoulder to shoulder

These are the standards that I feel would describe relationships reflecting a clean heart.

So, as I look at this list - can I say that I am living this out? Sadly, I know that my answer would be that I am not and I am not happy to say that.

Looking over the above list, I'd say my biggest struggle would be the second one - believing the best. Why does my mind go to other places when considering shy someone said what they said or did what they did?

So, my goals in this area for improvement will be to post the Relational Covenant in my home and then by God's grace and through His strength, trust Him to live this out through me.

6 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

That's a good reminder Monica for all of us. I have enjoyed your series on a clean heart. I too struggle with some of the same issues.

Lisa said...

This really spoke to me today.

Thanks
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I struggle with this too, sometimes with my kids and sometimes friends. A lot of what we fear is not even true!

Anonymous said...

My url is www.suchthings.ca

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Great post and just what I needed. I'm currently having a huge conflict with some family members and it's so hard to not lash out or speak in anger. Thanks!

Julie said...

What a great list to remember... I can identify with quite a few. Recently, a family member and I started to develop a better relationship--but I still find it difficult to believe the best. In fact, I just learned that something was said about my husband and I behind our backs and now I feel hurt. I don't know whether to try to forget about it or let her know I know...