Thursday, December 13, 2007

Answers, Answers, Answers!

Thanks for your patience in getting to this! There were lots of great questions in a post earlier this week from the Making Your Home a Haven Challenge. Here are all the answers:

* What spices do you simmer on the stove? See complete answer here.

* Where did you get the little aprons?
Both of these were given to us - I have used the white one as a pattern to make another one. And, here is a link to an adorable retro apron pattern for kids. Or, here is a link to a tutorial making an apron out of a dishtowel!

* How do you clean your disposal?
Each week when I clean my kitchen, I also clean the disposal. I do this by boiling one kettle full of water on the stove. When it is ready, I put about 1/3 c. baking soda in the drain and pour the boiling water in the disposal with the disposal running. If I have some orange or lemon that needs to be used up - I keep this in the freezer and run this through instead of the baking soda/boiling water method. Either way works great for me.

* Where did you get the tea set shown in the tea party picture?
This set of four plates and tea pot were a wedding gift. The bottom of the plates says, "Gates Ware by Laurie Gates" I found a link to Laurie Gates, and though I did not find a link to these exact dishes - there are lots of patterns out there on ebay, Amazon and even MSN shopping. Hope that helps!

Did I forget anything?

3 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Thanks for answering "our" questions Monica:) And after reading your post above, I am writing you down in my prayer journal to not go into pre-term labor. May God be gracious and protect you and your baby from that!

Blessings:)

Monica Wilkinson said...

Thank you, Barbie! The main thing is staying off of bed rest if possible!

lora k said...

I have been re-cycling my mulling spice to make the house smell good. After we are done with our hot cider, I take all of the mulling spice out of the pan and let it dry. I bag it & label the bag that it is used. Whenever I want that warm spicy smell I just pull a couple of tablespoons out, put it in a pan of water, and begin simmering.

I think I'll go do that right now!