Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Postcard Wallets

My Mom and I like to do a craft when we get together and this trip was no exception! We had both seen this cute idea in Country Living and each brought postcards to make them.

These are VERY easy and give quick results! We also found that the fronts of old Christmas cards worked great too! These will look adorable attached to a package with a little note in it, a gift card or simply a To/From tag!

Here are the directions. Note - we did modify the directions by omitting the vinyl - we tried it, but it was so slippery to sew on and they looked cute without it! We also did not sew the top edge, we just sewed the three edges to form the "wallet" - this made them even easier!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

I saw these in Country Living and have been dying to try them. Well done! I like the idea of using Christmas cards, too.

Anonymous said...

I like crafts with immediate gratification -- and this one filled the bill! They were fun to do with you -- thanks for making it happen!
Love you, Mom

Amy said...

I saw this craft and thought it was so cute. You guys did a great job! I am going to have to add these to my fun crafts to do list!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea and I too like crafts with instant gratification!

Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to try this craft project, too. Yours came out awesome!

Thanks for posting them.

Congrats on your "son"!

Andrea L.

*carrie* said...

Well, I see my swap partner already commented, so hopefully she won't see the note that I want to try this to include in my shoebox!