Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jars

Several of you have written and asked where I found the jars were shown in this post.

Basic glass jars with metal lids can be found many stores like Wal-Mart, Target and KMart. Thrift stores are a great place to check as well. The two jars shown were both from Target.

These two were gifts from my Mom from a favorite primitives store in Colorado Springs called The Gatherings. One holds baking cocoa and the other tea bags:


Here is a jar I found yesterday morning at Goodwill for $3! It needed a good scrubbing, but I think it cleaned up nicely:

Another favorite is my cookie jar, which was found on Target clearance:

Decide to keep an eye out for an interesting jar and you will likely come across a good deal. Check the kitchen or organizing aisles in stores or the housewares shelves in thrift stores. I've never found one at a yard sale, but I'm sure they can be found there as well.

Be willing to see the potential in something you like and know you could use. Soap and water are an easy clean and if the lid is in need, you could always give the outside a quick coat of spray paint (I would not paint the inside if you want to use the jar for food). I hope this helps!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, "you have great taste for jars!"

Thank you for sharing! :)
Have a great day

Andrea L.

*carrie* said...

We love our containers! =)

Amy said...

I love your jar collection- very cute! That cookie jar is so great. I love the vintage style that Target offers for kitchens.

Wendi said...

Cute jars! Love the one from the shop in Co and what a great find from Goodwill. I haven't checked out the jars at Target in a while. I guess I need to do more there then buy diapers and check the toy and baby clothes clearance racks!

Paige said...

I have blue tinted canning jars, the old ones with the glass lids and metal hinges on my mantle. Two of them hold collections, rocks and fossils. Two hold river rocks and candles and two are empty. I like jars too and end up using them in the bathroom for cotton balls or in the kitchen for coffee beans.

Anonymous said...

One thing I like about storing things in jars is you can see the quantity available or know when you need to replenish. :)

Great collection! :)
Love you, Mom

Bonnie said...

I just wanted to add that if you don't need a tight fitting lid, I've seen round cookie or biscuit cutters with a wooden handle used. They looked really cute.
Tootles-
Mrs. Bonnie

Annie said...

What cute jars.
I've been looking around at your blog and enjoying it. Loved the Mitford ideas (loved the mitford books!).
Also thought it was so neat that you took bread to your neighbors.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

kristin said...

Monica,
I love that store.My Inlaws live in the springs and that is my first stop on every trip.