Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Garden Update

Well, our garden did not fare very well during our absence. Somehow no care shown for nearly three weeks = overgrown with weeds?!

Our growing season is pretty well ending as it is just so h-o-t for those little plants out there right now. The tomatoes continue to ripen and we pick a dozen or so every other day!

David also planted the pumpkins in hopes of having some for the Fall. I did big ones and little ones just for the fun of decorating with them. I hope they are more successful than their cousins the zucchini (which produced zilch)!

So, the final update is: our garden was a HUGE success this year compared to my previous attempts. I definitely learned some things and am excited to do it again instead of considering never planting again - like I was last year! All-in-all a very positive experience that provided some yummy produce for our table.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

We have had so much zucchini. I have baked, cooked, froze and given away so much. All from two plants. If only we lived closer I would share!

*carrie* said...

So glad you're having fun collecting from your garden. I froze a batch of green beans yesterday and we have tomatoes and peppers ready to pick.

I thought of you as I saw a listing for free canning jars in the paper!

Amy said...

Yum! Great job this year! I have had more tomatoes then I know what to do with and my herbs have done well. The squash bloomed, but I never saw anything. This is my first year so it can only get better :) Great job on all that you have done! That is awesome!