Friday, May 04, 2007

Mitford Moment: Write Letters


Father Tim is always referring to a letter he received, or one that he is writing or typing to someone. I was reminded that we love to get personal mail, and I don't mean JUST e-mail! There is something fun and exciting about getting a piece of mail that is handwritten or even typed. I'm not as good at this as I could be, but I do always try to send my thank-you's and main correspondence by hand written mail. Much more charming and meaningful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love of letters began when I was in elementary school. An older gal at church asked me to write a letter to her boyfriend who was in the service. I did and when I received a letter back in the mail a seed for the gift of encouragement was planted in my heart. Over the years the Holy Spirit has fanned into flame this gift and when I respond to his prompting it's so sweet, so gratifying, such a blessing. A letter of encouragement is a powerful thing.

Jenn said...

Yes, I LOVE to get a personal touch in the mail, though it rarely happens. I try to give it now and then, too. The gift of something personal in a culture of 'having no time' means a lot to me!

Leanne said...

Yes, I love to get a card or letter in the mail! I love to send cards... I think its a good way to remind people that that they are important and worth taking an extra few minutes to honor!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Monica!

You and I share the same birthday. I turned 39 today.

I hope your birthday is special.
Blessings
Lisa