Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day Festivities

Here are the pix from our May morning! First, I moved a little table and chairs out onto the porch. The tablecloth from my Spring Swap box was perfect! I put a can of cinnamon rolls in my flower bread tube and baked. Note: It took a lot looonger to bake the middle ones and I eventually had to break them apart and put them on a cookie sheet to finish baking. I made flower shaped pats of butter using a small cookie cutter. We enjoyed breakfast outside!


Later in the morning, we made a May Pole! I used the idea from Mrs. Sharp's Traditions, but simplified it even more by using a twig from the yard, thrifted ribbon, and a cardboard box ready for the trash. Then we marched around the yard singing and Emily waved it around! She danced and twirled and talked of princesses.

For lunch, I made pepperoni cheese bread in the flower shaped tube. After baking it, I sliced it and topped with pizza sauce and a bit more cheese and popped these under the broiler for just a couple of minutes. We really enjoyed the beautiful day and being outside so much. We had flower-shaped brownies for dessert. I baked the brownies in an 8x8 pan and then used the bread tube to cut the shapes out. An M&M made the center.

We had a very fun morning!

5 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

You are so fun, Monica! I wish I could live at your house for a few weeks. :) You come up with the greatest ideas to enjoy life on a frugal budget and make every day fun!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having a fun day! Your friends and neighbors must be so touched by their May Day surprise!

Happy May Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, as usual--you, the girls (my preciosu nieces!), fun food and ideas. Love you, carrie

Jthemilker said...

you sure did get a bargain with that flower shaped bread maker. Awesome! Your ideas are genius. I love it!

Chrisi said...

What a fun day! You are making such wonderful memories.