Monday, February 12, 2007

You're Invited!

I am so excited about this! I was trying to figure out a way that we could all have a tea party of sorts through blog-land. And, after posting my invitation for an upcoming tea, a blog-friend suggested we do this via our blogs! Great idea!

So, here's what we are going to do...our tea will be themed on celebrating marriage. You can tell us all about your wedding - show a photo of your invitation, program, dress, flowers, etc... Tell us about the ceremony or reception - just whatever you want to share about it. We'll do this on Valentine's Day ~ come back here and I'll try to figure out the Mr. Linky thing, grab your favorite cup of tea and enjoy visiting with each other!

Here is my hope for this, that we will encourage one another in the gift of marriage and celebrate what God has given us in our spouse. You will see more about this in my posts on our tea party that is taking place at my home.

Here are the rules:

1. Come back here on February 14th to enter the link to your post. You may use the above button to advertise this on your blog.

2. Share photos and details about your wedding.

3. Only share positive qualities that you enjoy and appreciate about your husband. I am not interested in hosting a gripe session. Include something you love about your husband, so that he is encouraged as well.

Update: I'm just bumping this up to remind everyone and to share the news with others. Pass the word!

10 comments:

melissa said...

Thanks for the invitation - I love this CREATIVE idea! Count me in - I'll be back on 14.Feb. :)

Wendi said...

What a fabulous idea! I'll be there.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Ok, I figured out Mr. Linky - it is all set!

Anonymous said...

What fun! When I saw that comment on your other post, I was hoping you'd hop on that idea! I'll be there.

Chrissy said...

YAY! I've been out of the loop for a couple of days due to school commitments! I'm so excited! Now, how do I grab the button? (I know, I know, I'm so computer illiterate...)

Most of all, I'm thrilled to be your blog-friend!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I'm so glad you all are excited and are going to participate! To get the button, just right click on it, save to your files and upload into a new post.

Chrissy - thank you! I'm privileged to have you for a friend, too!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I'm hoping to jion in on this! Sounds like fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's Paige, I told you I check your site every few weeks or so. What an encouragement you are. I've printed out a few things and even passed them on to younger girls who are waiting on God to set them up in marriage. You are such a blessing, beyond what you can even comprehend. God is so Good!
Paige

Kelly said...

Neat idea! I'll be here.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Great idea!

I'll be there, too.