Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Tag

I was tagged by Lisa to do this little Christmas thing - so here you go!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Definitely Hot Chocolate with lots of marshmallows on top!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Neither
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White outside and colored and white on the tree
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the day after Thanksgiving - this year, this weekend!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Playing the "Ornament Game" with my sister. It is a game we made up where we basically play 20 questions to guess which ornament the other has singled out in her mind!
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not sure, my Mom did not pretend there was a Santa but taught us about St. Nicholas.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ornaments collected throughout the years and some that were my Mom's. She always let us pick out one ornament from our vacations!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love, love, love snow! It rarely snows where we live.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I have been thinking of wanting to go again recently.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I always loved things that were rainbow-y. Hmmm, I would have to think about this more.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Tradition, family, and of course celebrating Jesus' birth.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Sugar Cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Candlelight on Christmas Eve!
17. What tops your tree? Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both - but, there is something so special about giving to others.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Come, O Come Emmanuel

If you want to play, you are tagged! Have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica,

It was fun to read this Christmas Tag list -- including memories of Christmases in the past. :)

We have several inches of snow here tonight -- wish you were here!

Lots of love, Mom

Darcy said...

Hi Monica!

I've read your blog for quite awhile now and always enjoy your posts. I thought this Christmas Tag was really fun so I did one on my blog as well.

Thanks for posting all of the fun Christmas decorating ideas. I have cranberries on my grocery list so that I can make a jar like you did. :)

-Darcy