Thursday, September 28, 2006

Homespun Harvest

Well, we are almost finished with this series on a Homespun Harvest Gathering...it has been so fun! This time we're looking at decorating - tablecloths, pumpkins, and corn are obvious choices. Here are pictures of things I've done in the past:

Hollow out a small pumpkin and use as a vase! These flowers are all from our yard.

Old thermoses make great vases also - this one from a thrift store holds colored leaves and berries.


Plant Fall colors in containers for a welcoming look on the porch!

A couple of you shared some ideas too which were:

- Grace suggested bales of hay, scarecrow, and mums gathered together for a cute and homey porch display
- Shirley suggested using a pumpkin shell to serve a stew! She also said she uses a cornucopia for a table centerpiece and puts either Fall flowers or fruits and veggies in it.

Previously:
Planning, Goals, and Invitations
Activities and Games
Food and Drink

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love the pumpkin idea!

I have a bale of wheat straw and pumpkins and a gourd and a scarecrow on my front porch. I will try to post a picture of it on my blog. This is the first year I have had a fall display at my new house. It was so much fun shopping for the stuff and I love the look.

Blessings