Friday, August 18, 2006

Peaceful Retreat

"On a little or large level, you can make choices that take you away from the battleground (which surrounds us every day in our culture). In the process, you will be choosing to live in saner, simpler times.

How do you do it? At the very simplest level, you find a place to retreat. You arrange for a refuge where you can rest and be renewed before returning to the fray."

~ Thomas Kinkade, Simpler Times

How about you? How do you choose to live in saner, simpler times? Do you have a place, a book, a painting, a chair, etc... that is your place of retreat?

I try to read the book Simpler Times once a year, and haven't read it in a few years. So, I decided it is time to read it again! I'll be sharing quotes as I come across things that I want to pass on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica:

You've inspired me to re-read this book myself! :)

Thinking of you with love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica:

Me too! I even forgot I had the book, so after reading your blog today, I looked & I do have it, so I will re-read it too!

Love you, Grandma

A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

I don't have the book but it sounds like something I would like.
I do enjoy a good cup of tea and anything written by Alexandra Stoddard.