Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Homespun Christmas


This little tree was an adaptation of a craft I saw in a magazine. Here is how to make it:

From a piece of green felt, fold in half and cut out a triangle to be the tree. Sew on little white beads and red felt hearts on both sides.

Sew around the tree on the sewing machine leaving a small opening at the bottom for the "trunk" of the tree.

Place a chunk of floral foam in a terra cotta pot and use cinnamon sticks for the trunk. Stuff the tree with cotton fiberfill and then put the cinnamon sticks through the opening.

You can twist wired grapevine around the cinnamon sticks for extra support. Glue moss on top of the floral foam.

Tie a piece of fabric into a bow around the front and you have a cute gift!

4 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Uh, please tell me you're not doing crafts right now.

Mama Duck said...

So cute!!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Ok, I am not doing crafts right now. I had a few extra posts in reserve for when I knew I would not be able to come up with new material...so, this is from the archives!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Thank-you. I suddenly feel much better about myself. :)