Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Plumbing 101

I can now add minor plumbing repair to my home work experience! Our toilet has had a slow drip (inside) that I've been able to hear lately. So, after consulting David's brother - I went to Lowe's to find the part I needed.

I bought the part for less than $7 and spent one hour this morning installing a new Fill Valve Assembly! I wanted to take a picture - because I was so proud of it - but realized you might not all want to see the inside of my toilet tank! Hee Hee

Anyway, the project was successful and I no longer hear a drip!

My next project is to try a homemade remedy on a couple of our drains that are seeming a bit slow. I'll post on that in the future.

5 comments:

Melzie said...

You go girl!!! You should still take a picture of it!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I am totally impressed. Go ahead and take a picture. ;)

Kathryn said...

I know the feeling--I installed headlights on my old car before...I felt so productive for some reason. It really takes me out of my comfort zone though...I guess my husband probably feels the same way when I try to teach him to cook.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Monica! I'm proud of you and will be sure to tell Dad -- he'll be proud, too!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Mon,

At $100.00 and up for a plumber to stop by, skills such as you have
just learned are good to have.
Send the picture.

Love,

Dad